Though relatively new to the Fly Fishing Scene in North America, Grundéns has been know internationally for making the highest-quality commercial fishing gear since 1911. Grundéns recently came out with the best pair of waders we have seen in a long time!
- Body mapped GORE-TEX Pro Wader laminate- 4 layers in the lower body for abrasion resistance and 3 layers in the upper body for breathability.
- Inspired by premium climbing harnesses, the fused contour suspension system moves with you through casting and rowing motions. Plus, the anatomically placed seams reduce wear in critical areas!
- Neoprene booties use two layers of Titanium-Alpha to increase heat retention back to the body up to 40%.
- Double weave stretch woven gravel guards stay secure to the boot while wading, removing the need for a boot hook.
- Fleece lined chest pass through hand warmer pocket.
- Drop in chest storage pocket designed for three large fly boxes and oversized tippet spools.
Why We Love Them:
Comfort, adjustability and durability. Since we got these waders in the store, we have put them to the test in a number of different conditions. We have found them to be significantly more comfortable than other waders — the extremely adjustable suspension system makes it easy to customize your fit. Additionally, Grundéns partnership with Gore (The maker of GORE-TEX) has resulted in a revolutionary and frankly bomb-proof new design that avoids much of the wear and tear inherent to traditional wader designs.
The Grundéns Story:
Grundéns began in a small fishing village off the west coast of Sweden when Carl A. Grundén started producing waterproof oil skins to protect local fishermen from the harsh conditions of the north Atlantic. Over a hundred years later, their legacy of rugged durability still stands out– you may recognize them from the TV show Deadliest Catch or from behind the counter at your local fish monger! Click here to learn more about the brand.